The Sweetest Song: A Love Poem for Children in the Style of Oscar Wilde




The Sweetest Song






When first we met, 'twas by a stream,

Where flowers bloomed and sunlight gleamed,

And there you sang the sweetest song,

That filled my heart and made it strong.


Your voice was like a gentle breeze,

That whispered through the rustling trees,

And as I listened to your song,

I knew that I could do no wrong.


For in your eyes I saw the truth,

The love that sparkled bright like youth,

And as we sat there, hand in hand,

I knew that we would always stand.


Together through the joys and tears,

The laughter and the bitter fears,

For in your heart I found my home,

Wherever we may chance to roam.


And so I thank you for the song,

That filled my heart and made it strong,

And know that I will always be,

Forever yours, eternally.





Post a Comment

0 Comments